Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Trinity Water study

Trinity Water study
11" x 14" oil on cradled wood panel

I'm finding myself drawn more and more to scenes of rocks and water.  The waters around the province are pristine and crystal clear, making it easy to see to the bottom in shallow areas.  The movement of the water and reflections in the water as well as the colours in the rocks are a magnet to me.

This study is in preparation for a large painting of the same scene.  That is in the wings waiting its turn on the easel.  And my courage to work that detail on a large scale.

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

lovely calming look to it from the water but then you have these really sharp and dangerous looking rocks :) how big are you thinking of painting this?

Jeanette Jobson said...

The landscape here is similar to Cornwall or Scotland. Lots of rocks!

I'm thinking of a minimum of 24 x 24 but may go to a 40" x 40". I have to love it enough to go there.

Jennifer Rose said...

possibly 40x40 0.o pretty big lol I have canvases that size behind the couch but the size makes me think twice about painting on them and have no idea what I would paint on them anyway

Jeanette Jobson said...

The largest I've painted was 48" x 48" and it paints a lot faster than you'd think. Now everything I do looks weeny. :) Supersizing any subject brings a new set of problems to solve.